Sunday, January 30, 2011

Two Cups of Flower



As a change from my high key paintings I did this one with dark dominant. It's probably my least favorite type of composition and this is one of the few I've done that I really like. I've tried, unsuccessfully, to paint this little yellow flower before. I usually get too much detail in all the little petals, but somehow I pulled it off this time.


I've almost finished my deadly work schedule and by tomorrow afternoon I'll be back in the studio. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal parts. Painting again after almost three weeks away is like pulling a cart with square wheels. A lot of effort for very little progress. I know if I keep at it, sooner or later the corners will wear off and it will roll smoothly, but the first week is so hard. So bear with me. I still have a few paintings I've held back, but once I've posted them I hope to have something decent to show you. If not, I'll just share the struggle. (Why should I be the only one to suffer?)


6x6 oil on Raymar canvas panel  
Click here to bid

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfect setup for upcoming Mardi GRAS with your palette. I think you did a great job with the darker colors and also with the flower. Have fun getting back in the studio. I get to paint tomorrow myself and can't wait.
Debbie